Tuscany olive harvest tour 2021join us for a magical week in tuscany for the olive harvest and pressing
An Unforgettable Week
When not picking olives or visiting olives, we will wander through charming local markets selling chestnuts, honey, wonderful cheeses and other classic Tuscan foods. Of course we will also manage to include a few lovely fall hikes through the chestnut forests (as an option) or participating in a yoga class.
Staying in a region of Italy famous for St. Francis of Assisi, we will visit the charming monastery of Chiusi della Verna where history reports St. Francis first received the Stigmata and also visit the breathtaking town of Assisi where St. Francis died.
We will staying in the charming village of Caprese Michelangelo, sleeping within 100 yards of the house where the great Sculptor, Michelangelo, as born. We will also visit his home and the beautiful local museum dedicated to his life.
A Tuscany Visit of a Lifetime
Our week together in Tuscany will be glorious. You will absolutely love the village of Caprese Michelangelo where we will be staying. Our mornings will generally begin, before or after breakfast, with an optional yoga class or hike.
Then, depending on the day (see itinerary), we will either be participating or viewing the olive harvest and pressing, visiting amazing fall markets throughout Tuscany, or visiting famous towns such as Arezzo, Siena, and Assisi.
During our time together, other than one meal a day in which you are on your own, we will provide all accommodations, transportation, meals, entry fees, etc. as described on the tour itinerary. Your job will be to simply relax and take in the wonders of Tuscany from a vantage few have ever experienced.
Why Join Us?
We are not “tour operators”. We are just a retired couple who lived in this area for eight years and know the magic of this music festival, this small area of Tuscany and want to share it with you. As a small group, we hope we can all experience this week together rather than getting lost in a large commercial tour.
The vast majority of the towns and events we will enjoy would never be included on a large commercial tour. We want you to experience a part of the “real” Italy few know about.
Beginning and ending in the magnificent Tuscan capital of Florence, you will be responsible for all your transportation (including airfare) prior to our meeting in Florence and following our ending in Florence.
From the time we meet in Florence and we say goodbye also in Florence, we will provide all ground transportation (bus and train), all nightly accommodations, tickets to all music festival events, breakfast everyday and one daily group meal (either lunch of dinner).
- Small group size: no more than 14 guests
- 7 days/6 nights
- All ground transport including train
- Tickets to all music festival events
- All breakfasts – Buffet style
- Daily group meal (lunch or dinner)
- All excursions and tours per itinerary
- All entrance fees per itinerary
- Walking tour suggestions for Assisi and Siena
- Pre-trip information packet
- Any Taxi/Cab fare
- Travel insurance*
- Travel documents & fees: i.e. passport and visas (if required)
- Any telephone, cell, data & internet usage
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel-related expenses outside of the tour itinerary
- Any food or beverage ordered by traveler that is not included in the above itinerary
- Any taxes on personal items purchased
- Optional tips to guides, staff or drivers
* We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance to protect your investment. This is to ensure that you are covered in the event of loss of deposit and cancellation fees, medical emergency or health expenses, personal accident, flight cancellation or delays and to protect your luggage against any loss or damage.
Dates: October 22 – 28, 2020, 7 Days/6 Nights
Where: Begins and Ends in Florence with a glorious week in the Upper Tiber Valley Tuscan Countryside
Group size: 14 Maximum
Traveling Solo? We can suggest a roommate so that you avoid having to pay the single supplement!
Tour Cost: $1980 USD per person/double occupancy, $400 USD single supplement
Deposit: $495 (25%) at time of booking to reserve your spot (if tour is cancelled all prepaid is 100% refundable;
Balance due: 6 Months Prior to Tour
Not ready to book? Got some questions?
For more information and tour details you can email us directly, we are happy to help.